Thursday, June 30, 2011

Campers with Developmental Disabilities Sing with Carrie Underwood

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Carrie Underwood stopped by Starstruck Studios Wednesday morning to talk with the ACM Lifting Lives Music Campers, but she wound up doing more singing than talking.

And so, she sang, with accompaniment from the enthusiastic campers, all in town for a week-long residential camp that provides musical enrichment for the participants and allows Vanderbilt Kennedy Center researchers to study developmental disabilities. They all sang Underwood hits “Jesus, Take the Wheel” and “Undo It,” as well as Bill Withers’ “Lean on Me.”

“I sing because I love to sing, and that’s what they love to do, too,” Underwood said. “They just made my day, my week and my month.”

No comments:

Post a Comment