Saturday, June 25, 2011

Fonz Tells Kids Bulling Isn't Cool

Came across this from England. Good to see The Fonz again and spreading an importnat message.


AYLESBURY, England -- Monday was definitely a happy day for 800 Bucks schoolchildren who got the chance to meet TV icon Henry 'The Fonz' Winkler.
The Happy Days legend was at Aylesbury Waterside Theatre to promote the My Way! campaign which highlights the needs of children with learning difficulties.
Henry, who suffers from dyslexia, has written a series of children’s books about a character called Hank Zipzer who has learning difficulties.
"I tell the children my story about growing up with dyslexia and they say: 'Wow, that's how I feel.' Or they see why their friend is like that," he said.
"I tell the kids they have to take care of each other. It's too easy to make fun of someone who is different – if there is someone in your class who isn't having a good time you should help them."

No comments:

Post a Comment