Thursday, June 14, 2012

Life Unexpected

Came across this on family life blog from The Columbia Daily Tribune in Columbia, Mo. Just gives everyone a small glimpse at life for those who have a child with special needs.

None of us are immune to unexpected events - that's just a fact of life. One of the major things I have learned from having a special needs child is that things often do not go according to plan. I have really had to learn to be extremely flexible. If I need to get up extra early or need a good night's sleep for an important task the next day, that will be the night my son decides to wake up at 4:30 a.m. He often likes to have his own party in the middle of the night. It is so cute when he is kicking and making happy sounds but I just want to sleep. He just wants to be happy - he doesn't care that we should be sleeping. He has his own timetable. Time is all his, and he knows no bounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment