Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Speech Therapy for Toddlers

From Babble's Beth Anne Ballance.

A little over a year ago, I made one of the hardest phone calls – I called the pediatrician and asked for an appointment because I had concerns over my toddler’s speech.  The next day, I sat in the pediatrician’s office with Harrison quietly zooming cars at my feet and I explained that he had completely regressed in speech. He maybe had twelve words and about half of those were in his own language that only me and my husband understood. I told the doctor about the head banging Harrison did from frustration, the screaming and whining and me nearly pulling my own hair out from frustration. The inability to communicate with my child was breaking down our relationship and creating horrible stress in our fa

No comments:

Post a Comment