Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Dad Fights Back for His Son with Autism

I confess, I hesitated before posting this piece. I do believe there are two sides to every story. I also don't usually post or watch 17 minutes video clips, but this definitely caught my interest. This is a sad commentary that a parent felt it was necessary to wire his son.

CHERRY HILL, N.J. -- With the statistics that nearly 13 million children suffer in schools and their community every year, we know that bullying happens to children frequently. But a recent NPR story discussed a recent survey, which found that nearly two-thirds of children with autism spectrum disorders have been bullied at some point. And it found that these kids are three times as likely as typical kids to have been bullied in the past month.

No comments:

Post a Comment