Thursday, June 27, 2013

Opinion: California Must Do Better

While I have certainly made known my opinion about how badly off-target government expenditures and programs are, my eyes were really opened this year while working on the state budget and specifically, programs serving our most vulnerable population -- Californians with developmental disabilities. To me, this issue serves as a representative microcosm of just how wrong and dangerous government "solutions" can be.
The good news here is that people with developmental disabilities -- autism, intellectual disability, epilepsy, cerebral palsy and others -- enjoy bipartisan empathy. However, I have learned that our visions for supporting this population are radically different, with the Democrats' and Gov. Jerry Brown's plan resulting in millions of wasted taxpayer dollars and the placing of this population in serious harm's way.

No comments:

Post a Comment