Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Raising Ryan: A Father's Journey

Beautiful piece by Dr. Manny Alvarez of Fox News. Dr. Alvarez has served as Chairman of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Science at Hackensack University Medical Center in New Jersey for nearly a decade.

He is also an adjunct professor of obstetrics and gynecology at New York University School of Medicine in New York City. Dr. Manny is one of the most popular contributors to the FOX News Channel.

There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t think about my son, Ryan. Yes, I have two other children who I love very much, yet Ryan enters my mind almost every hour throughout the day. You see, Ryan is autistic and because of that, I strive to see the world through his eyes as often as possible. I think he has made me a better father, a better doctor, and certainly, a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment